Your Non-Pressure Roof Cleaning Specialists
Our proven "SoftWash System" has gently cleaned more than 50,000 properties nation wide since the early 1980's. Because we do not use a power washer, our SoftWash System will not cause any damage to your roof shingles or siding. The SoftWash System will help to protect your valuable investment as well as increase value and curb appeal.
Established in 2004, Let Us Spray SoftWash is a Christian, family owned and operated business conveniently located in
As the leading provider of non-pressure/soft wash exterior cleaning, we offer full service exterior cleaning for the entire
Richmond Metro area
and surrounding counties.
We follow all industry accepted non-pressure/soft washing standards and recommended procedures by SoftWash Systems, ARMA (Asphalt Roof Manufacturers Association), and RCIA (Roof Cleaning Institute of America). Our specially blended cleaning solutions are biodegradable and exclusive to SoftWash Systems.
SoftWashing - 21st Century Technology
Soft-washing is a cleaning process which utilizes ultra low pressure to deliver a customized cleaning solution, specially blended to meet the demands of each project. It differs from pressure washing in that the cleaning solution is applied and rinsed at extremely low pressure which will not harm or damage painted surfaces, vinyl siding, wood, nor contribute to granular loss of composite roof shingles.
The power of chemistry is what makes our Soft-wash process so effective. Different surfaces and different contaminants require different levels of "soft washing". With each cleaning job we perform, our cleaning solution is custom mixed on site and applied. We do not have a "one size fits all" approach to cleaning. We will customize a cleaning plan to maximize effectiveness while also keeping your cost as low as possible!
The Unique Soft Wash System
Dark stains on your roof are caused primarily by a persistent type of algae, Gloeocapsa Magma. The SoftWash System gently removes the staining without harming the roof itself. AND it kills the algae and other harmful organisms so the stains don't come back!
- The microorganisms that cause roof staining actually have tiny root systems which physically break down asphalt and composite roof shingles, allowing larger types of organisms to grow on your roof. The SoftWash System kills these roots and applies an algaecide and fungicide to protect against future attacks.
- SoftWash uses sodium hypochlorite (bleach), which is necessary to kill harmful algae, bacteria, mold, and fungus with nearly 100% efficiency.
- During use and disposal, 95% to 98% of bleach rapidly breaks down into salt and water, so there's no need to worry about environmental harm. The remaining byproducts are effectively treated by municipal wastewater and septic systems.
- Sodium hypochlorite is the same chemical used to treat our drinking water and sanitize and brighten our swimming pools. The notion that it will harm your roof is a scare tactic.
- SoftWash application is very fast and you'll see results immediately!
- Our cleaning solution is applied with an electric pump, which greatly minimizes noise and pollution.
"What causes the black marks on my roof?"
Most roof stains are caused by the growth of algae, lichen colonies or moss that feed on organic matter frequently found on roof surfaces. The portions of a roof that receive the least amount of sunlight are more likely to have roof stains first. This explains why some homes may have roof stains only on one side of the roof, typically the northern and/or western exposure or in heavily shaded areas.
"Are you going to pressure wash my roof?"
No, we highly recommend that you NEVER allow anyone to pressure wash your roof at ANY pressure. We often compete against contractors who bid much lower than us. That is, until the homeowner finds out that they are going to pressure wash their roof! We use a soft washing system that uses no more pressure than a residential garden hose. As a matter of fact our soft washing system is approved by ARMA (Asphalt Roofing Manufacturing Association) and is recommended by most of the largest insurance companies as a form of general maintenance.
"How long before I will see it work?"
In most cases you will see a dramatic improvement within minutes of our Roof Renew application. If the roof is really dirty then it may require a moderate rain to gently wash off the dead algae. If your roof has actively growing green moss then you will see what looks like popcorn on the shingle after we have applied our Roof Renew solution. After we kill the moss it will take a few weeks for the root system to dry up release the roof granules. The only way to remove moss immediately is to use water pressure greater than your garden hose, and that is definitely not compatible with your roof warranty or it's longevity.
"How long will the washing last?"
In most cases our Roof Renew solution will keep your roof clean of black streaks for approximately 4-6 years, depending on how many trees you have around your house. We offer a 5-year limited warranty when you opt to have the entire surface of your roof treated.
"Do I need to be home when you wash my roof?"
No, the only thing we need is access to a water faucet and to make sure that all pets are indoors, and that all windows and doors are closed. On the other hand, if you would like to be home and watch this amazing process, that would be ok too.
"Will your chemicals kill my plants?"
If used improperly there can be some damage to vegetation. That is also why we like to ask all of our customers to water their plants heavily the night before and just after treatment. In most cases you will not notice any damage to your plants. In a very few cases there could be a light browning in a few areas that will go away quickly.
Why should I have my roof cleaned?
Top 10 Reasons To Have Your Roof Cleaned
- Improve your curb appeal!
- Decrease Utility costs!
- Maximize the longevity of your roof!
- Prevent insect infestations!
- Health benefits!
- 5-year limited warranty!
- Maintain the value of your home or business!
- Clean it, Don't replace it!
- Our team only uses Softwash Systems products.
- Our team is Softwash Systems certified!